Scottish Islands Explorer Links
Our aim is to build
up a database of Scottish Islands information based websites. If
you would like to suggest a website for inclusion in our links page,
please e.mail the details to us.
Stock Photo is adding to its photographic image library
at the rate of 25,000 per day. Some of them are of the Scottish
islands and are there for both browsing and purchasing. Take a look
and, perhaps, pick a photo.
has a fantastic number of photographic images - some 33.3 million
of them, including thousands of the Scottish islands. Whether you
are searching in a personal or professional capacity, this is a
great place to start ... and a likely place to finish.
History Scotland attempts to preserve Scottish history
and to bring memories to life with scenes, resorts, boats and trains.
This is the material that will give the mind the opportunity to
stimulate and re-create.
Scotland is an ultimate guide to going places and preparing
yourself beforehand as to what to see, where to stay and how to
understand the state / locality you are in.
Gatliff Hostels are not numerous, but the three of
them - in Rhenigidale, North Harris; Berneray, North Uist; Howmore,
South Uist - are hostels of destination, not of transition. You
will want to stay.
Island Dwellings of North Uist Here's
a website giving plenty of information about the exclusive places
to live in the distant past. The GAMA Award winner and contributor
to this magazine, Robert Lenfert, has produced this distinctive
and well-illustrated material.
- The Carmichael Watson Project is certainly worth considering
for its insights about the social, linguistic and literary heritage
of the Gaelic regions, in general, and the folklore collecting activies
of Alexander Carmichael (1832 - 1912) on South Uist, in particular.
- Dry Island has a quite unique situationamid the scenery of Badachro
Bay on Scotland's Magnificent west coast.
- Photo stock library specialising in the landscape, nature and
social documentry of the Hebrides and the west coast of Scotland.
Used by picture researchers & graphic designers for brochures,
travel guides, magazine articles and websites.
- Resources, links and information about the abandoned and sparsley
populated islands of Scotland.
- The stunning world of Sue Anderson's photography is brought to
you here at Island Focus so that you can share and enjoy her passion
for the dramatic scenery of the Scottish Highlands and Islands.
- Easdale is a small island in Argyll on the west coast of Scotland,
16 miles south of Oban. 'Eilean Eisdeal', the Easdale Island Trust,
is a charitable organisation run by residents and friends of the
island to carry out projects on the island of benefit to the community
and with the long term aim of regeneration and sustainability for
- Berneray lies in the Sound of Harris in the Western Isles of Scotland.
It is a small island (roughly 2 miles by 3) rich in wildlife and
history, with a long sweep of white sand on the west coast, backed
by high dunes and machair.
- Welcome to the web site of award-winning Northern Light Charters.
We live on the Isle of Mull and work from Oban, on the beautiful
West coast of Scotland.
- The Colonsay Community Website.
- The most comprehensive online guide to camping on the Scottish
- Visit the Isle of Barra - the most beautiful little island in
- Fair Isle is Britain's most isolated inhabited island. Visit our
community web site to find out more.
- The official web site for the communities of Skye, Lochalsh, and
Raasay in the north west of Scotland.
- The Iona Community, founded in 1938 by the Rev George MacLeod,
is an ecumenical Christian community that is committed to seeking
new ways of living the Gospel in today's world.
- This site tells the story of St Kilda and also explains activities
taking place today in this special place.
- Isle of Tiree Online News.
- The Isle of Gigha is one of the most tranquil islands making up
the Inner Hebrides, and can be found just off the west coast of
Scotland. We can guarantee that once you have visited, you will
want to come back time and time again.
- The Island of Arran is situated on the south west coast of Scotland.
- We are a small community of 70 people who enjoy our island life,
and look forward to telling you about our home. Eigg is once again
a growing island community with its own Heritage Trust to look after
every aspect of its development and its future.
- Located in the western approaches to 'Scapa Flow' the small island
of 1,000 acres is home to just 21 folk.
- Welcome to Orknet - the home of Orkney-related information and
- This web site gives general information and pictures that may
be of interest to visitors and to people who are considering taking
up residence in our island.
- Papa Westray or Papay is an island in the Orkney group. Described
as 'Orkney in miniature' this northerly Orcadian island is rich
in archaeology and birdlife. These pages provide information on
how to get to Papa Westray, where to stay, ideas on what to see
and do on Papay - and the Papay Development Trust Community Plan.
- Orkneyjar. The heritage of the Orkney island web site.
- Welcome to the Isles of Mull and Iona.
- Orkney Archaeological Trust web site.
- Welcome to the Home Page of the Shetland Museums Service. The
Museums Service consists of three museums, the Shetland Museum,
The Croft House Museum and the Böd of Gremista Museum.